Pearce H. Delphin / @zzap
Hi, I'm Pearce. I'm a 21-year old caffeine addict, insomniac, social media addict, and documentarian of every day life from Melbourne, Australia. I recently graduated as a Monash University scholar, formerly a Penleigh and Essendon Grammarian. I also like politics, cyber security, linguistics, and you! So say hi!
Below is a summary of my professional CV and education. For an up-to-date version, please reference my LinkedIn profile. Thanks!
Hi, I'm Pearce. I'm a motivated and competent IT risk and security consultant. I have business skills including competence in cyber/network security, project management, digital marketing and social networking, installation and management of content management systems, running digital social media marketing campaigns. In addition, I have excellent communication skills and am capable of interacting well at both a technical and non-technical level.
I am currently completing a Bachelor of Business Information Systems (BBIS) at Monash University in Melbourne on a number of university- and Commonwealth- supported scholarships while working at PwC Australia (PricewaterhouseCoopers) in a technology risk and security area. I enjoy working on IT risk-related or financial project management-related tasks within banks & other financial institutions.
My specialities include cyber security, IT risk mitigation, website management, social media monitoring, social media campaigns, SEO, Wordpress, business management, online marketing, website infrastructure, project analysis, project management.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Technology Risk & Security
January 2013 - Present
- National Australia Bank (NAB) Group Business Services Project Services PMO, Reporting & Enterprise Demand Management
July 2012 - December 2012
IBL analyst in NAB's Group Business Services Project Services PMO, working in the Reporting and Enterprise Demand Management team. Enterprise Resource Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Resource Demand Management.
• Within the Enterprise Demand Management team, I facilitating refining the organisation’s resource forecasting processes and enterprise project portfolio management, utilising many internal system tools including HP PPM and Primavera.
• Working on the Low Value Settlement Service (LVSS) project space, I assisted with the successful implementation of the project to provide the ability to undertake same-day settlement of low value payment obligations between banks as governed by the Reserve Bank of Australia. As NAB is a party to the LVS system, this was a compliance project to maintain the bank's banking licence. Low value settlements average $10 billion of transactions daily within the Australian banking industry sector. Due to the success of this project, NAB was the first of all Tier 1 banks to achieve the RBA's industry migration settlement arrangements.
- Ausmed Publications Web developer and social media manager
January 2011 - January 2013
Working in a team of marketing and IT professionals on providing critical education services to Australian nurses.
- Recompiled Networks Systems Administrator
December 2008 - December 2009
FreeBSD/UNIX server administration:
(BIND)/SMTP (SendMail)/POP3/IMAP (Dovecot)/SNMP implementation.
osTicket & phpCoin administration
Monash University 2011 - 2014
Bachelor, Business Information Systems (IBL Scholarship)
Volunteer mentor for Faculty of IT activities such as open days and the faculty's inaugural program for students to facilitate integration into university life.
- Computer Programming (Java)
- Business Information Analysis
- Introduction to Business Information Systems
- Data Management
- IT for Business
- Computes and Networks
- Project Management
- Systems Development
- IT Professional Practice
- eBusiness Software Technology
- Computer Models for Business Decision Making
- Business Process Modelling and Workflow
- Real time enterprise systems
- Business intelligence and data warehousing
Also completing a minor in linguistics.
Activities and Societies: Society for International Commerce and Computing, Monash Finance Association, Faculty of Information Technology Society (Wired), Law Students Society, Ling Soc
Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School 1998 - 2010
Grade: ATAR >90th percentile
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE):
- Information Technology: Applications*
- Software Development*
- Further Mathematics
- Legal Studies*
* Distinguished achiever (study score of greater than 40 i.e., top 8%)
- BBIS Industry Based Learning Scholarship
- Information Technology Indigenous Excellent Study Bursary
- Information Technology Indigenous Achievement Scholarship
Monash University Faculty of Information Technology
- Information Technology Indigenous Merit Scholarship
Monash University Faculty of Information Technology
- Access Scholarship
Commonwealth of Australia
Academic and non-academic non-scholarship awards and achievements:
- Certificate III in German language
Australia Multicultural Foundation
- Leadership Course
Youth Specialities Australia
- Indigenous Leadership Development Institute conference participation
- RAMEC programme at Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School
- Voluntary childcare work at ABC Learning Centre
- Peer Support Mentor at Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School
- Think On Your Feet business communications training
- International Computer Driving Licence
European Computer Driving Licence Foundation
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation First Aid qualification
Victorian Qualifications Authority
- Monash University Faculty of IT open day volunteer
- Victorian Responsible Serving of Alcohol (RSA) certification
This list is not exhaustive.
- AOL News. 2010. Australian Teen Pearce Delphin Hacks Twitter, Causing Widespread Japanese Porn Outbreak. [online] Available at: http://www.aolnews.com/2010/09/22/australian-teenager-hacks-twitter-causes-widespread-japanese-po/
- DailyTelegraph. 2013. Aussie teen Pearce Delphin caused Twitter porn chaos. [online] Available at: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/aussie-teen-pearce-delphin-caused-twitter-porn-chaos/story-e6freuyi-1225928058374
- Google News. 2010. Australian 17-year-old takes blame for Twitter chaos. [online] Available at: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ ALeqM5ge3h0IevMgVuQ0h2yxwKgnGZ7vfw
- Mail Online. 2010. Revealed: The 'hacker' who discovered the worm that took down Twitter... a 17-year-old Australian schoolboy. [online] Available at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1314382/Twitter-mouseover-worm-hacker-Pearce-Delphin-Australian-schoolboy.html
- Mashable. 2010. 17-year-old Australian Boy, Japanese Developer Take Blame for Twitter Meltdown. [online] Available at: http://mashable.com/2010/09/22/twitter-meltdown-17-year-old/
- News.Com.Au. 2010. Aussie teen Pearce Delphin admits sparking worldwide Twitter porn chaos. [online] Available at: http://www.news.com.au/technology/aussie-teen-pearce-delphin-sorry-for-causing-twitter-porn-chaos/story-e6frfrnr-1225928093031
- TeacherHaines Blog: Interview with Pearce Delphin (Part One). 2010. [online] Available at: http://teacherhaines.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/interview-with-pearce-delphin-part-one.html
- The Huffington Post. 2010. Twitter Attacker Revealed. [online] Available at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/23/pearce-delphin-australian_n_736071.html
- The Sydney Morning Herald. 2010. Australian teen triggers global Twitter scare. [online] Available at: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/security/australian-teen-triggers-global-twitter-scare-20100922-15ln7.html
- The Week UK. 2012. Twitter worm creator is Aussie schoolboy. [online] Available at: http://www.theweek.co.uk/people-news/twitter/11389/twitter-worm-creator-aussie-schoolboy
- The Australian. 2010. Aussie teen Pearce Delphin admits sparking worldwide Twitter chaos. [online] Available at: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/technology/aussie-teen-pearce-delphin-admits-sparking-worldwide-twitter-chaos/story-e6frgakx-1225928395590
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: BCPG C# v184.108.40.206
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----